For more than 25 years, Barbara has excelled as an executive in human resources, supporting organizations as they build talent, create intentional cultures, and drive business results. Her work includes a Performance Ownership model, corporate strategy and vision for workplace culture, the employment relationship and accountability, and HR legal compliance.
- Vice President of HR for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. responsible for all HR functions, training, and crisis management. Member of management team that propelled the company from a private, regional doughnut maker to a publicly traded, international brand,
- President, lobbyist, and spokesperson for a professional association of educators.
Selected speaking engagements: National Restaurant Association Marketing Conference, International Society for Performance Improvement (Carolinas Chapter), American Society for Training & Development (Charlotte Chapter), HR Management Association of Greensboro, and NC Bankers Association.
- Chair of the Spach Study Grant Committee of Home Moravian Church
- Past chair of the Personnel Committee for the Twin City Stage
- Board of Directors and past chair of Personnel Committee – Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem
- Past President of Sunnyside Ministry Program Board